VideoGameChatterBox
Please Login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VideoGameChatterBox
Please Login!
VideoGameChatterBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Authors and recommendations

4 posters

Go down

Favorite Authors and recommendations Empty Favorite Authors and recommendations

Post by smoothtrooper73 Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:38 pm

Not a place for any actual stories, but for those of us who are readers, not writers, to post our favorite stories. If you do post here, always remember to post a source and original author. Give credit where credit is due.

Alright, I used to read a ton of fan fiction back when I had free time. Mostly, Naruto related stuff because it was one of Shonen's star titles when I started reading and good stuff was easy to find. My personal favorite author was, and still is, Kenchi618 on fanfiction.net. His stories average at about 6-8 on a scale of 1-10 (a fair scale, not a scale where anything below 7 is crap). One of the reasons I liked him so much was that he would update like 2-3 times a week, which is ungodly fast for a fanfic writer to update (at least in my experience). I do know that he's still active because I still get emails telling me his stories have updated. He's a much slower pace now, but he still updates pretty regularly. Personal recommendations are The Sealed Kunai, Better Left Unsaid, and Soldiers of Fortune, but I haven't checked on those stories in a few months. The Sealed Kunai is a take on how Naruto would've turned out if he were in ROOT as a child, but after a botched mission is ended having his personality, memories, and skills sealed and virtually set back a few years of his life. Better Left Unsaid is a story where Mizuki never got to shoot his mouth off at the beginning of the story and it just kinda snowballs from there. Soldiers of Fortune is a neat little idea of a taking Naruto and making it more modern. Nowhere near his most popular story, but it was different. Be warned that his stories do include a few uh..."adult" scenes, they are few and far between, they're broadcast that they're going to happen before he goes into detail, and they're not relevant to the plot at all, so feel free to skip them if that makes you uncomfortable.

Now, I'm not sure what route his stories have taken recently, but he was always able to take new parts of stories released each week and somehow intertwine them into his stories. It's because of this that I haven't read anything in a while as I've kinda fallen out of manga recently. I'll definitely be looking back into him whenever I get caught up.
smoothtrooper73
smoothtrooper73
Ultra Mod
Ultra Mod

Back to top Go down

Favorite Authors and recommendations Empty Re: Favorite Authors and recommendations

Post by Hill Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:21 pm

Mr. Ite, from Fanfiction.net is pretty good. Read his [Jenova Project] years ago. Probably going to pick him up as soon as possible. I'm down for any more recommendations.
Hill
Hill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Favorite Authors and recommendations Empty Re: Favorite Authors and recommendations

Post by kirbuu Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:32 am

I like on fanfiction.net obsidian dreamer especially his story collection 'Win Some, Lose Some' has some very creative Naruto "short" stories. Gabriel Blessing has some good ones as well 'The Hill of Swords' being a Familiar of Zero&Fate Stay/Night cross that is entertaining in a mostly curbstomp way. And then there is Andrew Joshua Talon who writes stories for, quick count here, 42 different series. The guy is a machine (possibly literally) check his work you are guaranteed to find something you would like. The Sage of Toads has quite a few stories of his own mostly fitting into the theme of lets take some series and make the characters into hardcore rock stars from mars. He has a Sailor Moon story that reads like the Gurren Lagann series. Lordsfire has some good ones of note 'Brutal Harry' a take on Harry Potter involving a Harry more realistically damaged by his time with the Dursleys. Canoncansodoff has several romantic/comedy Harry Potter stories. Dogbertcarroll has quite a few stories mostly comedies involving Harry Potter and/or Buffy: the Vampire Slayer.
kirbuu
kirbuu

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:07 am

I like Guardian1's fanfics on fanfiction.net they are just so hilarious.
Onyx
Onyx
Admin
Admin

https://videogamechatterbox.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down