VideoGameChatterBox
Please Login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VideoGameChatterBox
Please Login!
VideoGameChatterBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terraria Thread

Go down

Terraria Thread Empty Terraria Thread

Post by smoothtrooper73 Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Over the Steam Autumn sale, this little gem of a game went for a few cents over $3. So, being the good friend he is, chello bought 5 copies of the game for himself friends. I had seen the game previously, but it never really stood out to me. I had minecraft to play (with the same group of friends), and that always seemed to justify the creative juices any of us ever had. But this game, Terraria, has given me more joy in just a few days than minecraft ever has. Not that minecraft is a bad game, it's just way too overbearing for me. Terraria is like a subtler, 2D minecraft with an RPG twist. It's a small game where you start off with basic equipment and mine, collect,, fight, and build yourself a house and better equipment. It doesn't have a set "story," but it does have milestones that one cam accomplish to keep playing the game to it's max level. You can start off on softcore mode and fight the first two bosses, build your equipment up. Then, you move onto another boss which gives you access to a one of a kind dungeon (only one per world). Finally, you get to take on the "final" boss, which upon defeat, instantly takes you to hardcore mode.

I tried to be descriptive without giving away spoilers, but I really don't think my words can do this game justice without giving something away. Basically, if you enjoy minecraft or games like it, I would highly recommend Terraria.
smoothtrooper73
smoothtrooper73
Ultra Mod
Ultra Mod

Back to top Go down